Last March 2021, the best social media brands on Facebook shared their secrets to success. This is through a series of Social Skills videos hosted by Facebook for Business. Each episode was launched every Wednesday from 24 March 2021 to 30 April 2021. Facebook has recorded 2.85 billion monthly active users in Q1 of 2021. This makes it more important for brands to enhance their social media management skills within the platform. According to a digital marketing speaker Hong Kong, social media management is the process of analyzing the audience behavior on social media platforms. Its main goal is to develop a strategy tailored to their interests and needs. On the other hand, its end goal is to drive better brand performances and return of investments (ROI).
Facebook Social Skills Video – Episode 1
Episode 1 of the Facebook Social Skills Video was hosted by Sana Javeri Kadri, the CEO and founder of Diaspora Co. The company was founded in 2017 to help Indian farmers market organic spices to global consumers. When Sana moved to the USA, she only knew two people – her two aunts where she was staying with. She started the business by creating an Instagram business profile for Diaspora. Most of Diaspora’s IG posts revolve around content that speaks about the company culture. Later on, Diaspora opened up a digital shop on the said page. Such an Instagram Shop has helped Sana integrate the business with its brand story. Here’s where she discovered that their followers craved ideas and inspiration on how to use the spices. This gave birth to the Diaspora Kitchen. It is a place where they feature cooking videos of community members highlighting how their spices add flavor to the food. The campaign ran for 4 weeks and produced amazing business results. A video marketing agency Hong Kong noted that Diaspora has successfully harnessed the power of storytelling to build a community of consumers and farmers. Diaspora Kitchen reaches out to food bloggers, recipe testers, and shoppers in an organic way.
Facebook Social Skills Video – Episode 2
Episode 2 of the Facebook Social Skills Video was hosted by Laurise McMillian, the head of social media management for a Facebook group of black millennial women – Unbothered. The episode highlighted “Community Building” as an important social skill in Facebook marketing. Lauren provided three tips to build successful Facebook and Instagram communities:
- Crowdsource UGCs. User-generated content is an important community-building tool. They are the perfect way to build an online presence by collaborating with a brand’s loyal followers. Just like Unbothered’s “Black Friday” featuring start-up companies owned by budding black women entrepreneurs.
- Enforce brand consistency for a consistent feel and look. Lauren discussed how consistency played a big role to brand recognition with Refinery 29, an online shop for women where Lauren works for. Here, they have what they call a “Bible”, a brand guideline with clear parameters on visual specifications.
- Experiment with Creator Studio. Lauren noted that Facebook and Instagram Creator Studio can be very helpful in experimenting with content. It also helps creators collaborate and connect to their audiences thru direct messages.
Facebook Social Skills Video – Episode 3
Episode 3 of the Facebook Social Skills Video was hosted by the Director/Founder of Mainstream Online Buzz (MOB ), Jolene Sim. MOB was initially a print ad agency when it was founded in June 2010. To get a steady supply of clients, the company was forced to offer bundled services of print ads and social media campaigns. They then shifted their focus to digital marketing. They now served clients in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Like a social media agency Hong Kong, MOB’s keynotes in ad placement are the following:
- Facebook Ads. Here, Jolene noted the importance of setting specific goals for each ad placement. This is to maximize the return of investment (ROI).
- Dynamic Ads. Dynamic Ads allow brands to do an A/B experiment over a single campaign. This can help brands determine the best ads that can drive sales and generate leads.
- Messenger Ads. Messenger bot ads are a great way to build connections within the Facebook community. They can provide customer service support 24/7 with faster and more natural interactions.
Facebook Social Skills Video – Episode 4
Episode 4 of the Facebook Social Skills Video was hosted by:
- Jarvis Macchi, the Head of Social Media for Luxottica
- Roberta Merlino, Social Community Manager for Persol
- Roberto Di Raffaele, Brand Lead of Persol
Persol is a luxury eyewear brand manufactured by Luxoticca. The video highlighted the importance of audience engagement as a social skill. To boost audience engagement, the team of three gave the following tips:
- Brands need to identify their target audience. This helps them customize their ads and campaign according to their interests and needs. As such, it boosts brand awareness and conversions.
- It is also important for brands to listen to social media communities. Insights from these communities can guide brands to a better marketing strategy.
- Organic ads promote paid advertising. By creating organic content that delivers relevant values, paid ads have greater chances to perform well.
Facebook Social Skills Video – Episode 5
Episode 5 of the Facebook Social Skills Video was hosted by the senior global social marketing manager of GoPro, Kate Marin Lander. For a brand to effectively perform in social media, Kate provided the following tips.
- GoPro integrates Facebook Shops with short-form videos to drive education and sales among its customers.
- Point-of-View Clips and UGC videos are awesome opportunities to inform customers about the benefits of a brand or product. GoPro created a site where customers can learn and upload videos using their GoPro cameras. The winning videos each month have proven to perform well.
- Social media content doesn’t need to be perfect but A/B testing can polish content to make them more authentic and natural to the audiences.
Facebook Social Skills Video – Episode 6
Episode 6 of the Facebook Social Skills Video was hosted by Joshua Kong, the regional manager of Elixus. In the video, Josh highlighted the importance of learning Facebook algorithms to optimize brand marketing. He said that knowing how to measure KPIs and ROIs can help shape future marketing strategies for the better. To strengthen brand marketing, here are three tips from Josh:
- Use visuals to grow a brand’s audiences. Images and visuals have a higher engagement rate on Facebook and Instagram. The fresh and eye-catching elements capturing the attention of target audiences.
- Use customer segmentation to successfully pair ads and campaigns with the right customers. Elixus groups its customers into four categories:
- People who don’t know anything about the brand
- People who have recently discovered the brand
- People who have higher buying intents
- Existing customers of the brand
- Use Facebook Analytics to track data. These insights can help brands improve ad creation and targeting.